The Middle East Studies Program is looking for an Assistant (student hourly position) who will be able to support some activities of the MES through providing solid and efficient administrative support. Experience with most parts of Microsoft Office and a Content Management System such as WordPress is preferable. Excellent communication skills and a high capability for multitasking are required. The successful candidate needs to be able to work independently, show great initiative, and be able to take directions where required. Some general knowledge of the historical and sociopolitical context of the Middle East is preferred. 10 hours per week, $12/hour salary beginning immediately. Anticipated need at least through November, with the possibility of extending the position beyond that.
- Update the MESP website (WordPress)
- Update faculty list, certificate students list, and course list every semester
- Upload and publish the MESP newsletter
- Maintain social media presence, mainly through Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Work collaboratively with the Director and Financial Specialist on event planning, e.g., checking hotel and restaurant bookings and liaising with faculty
- Design posters for MES events
- Find venues to promote the MESP and its events
- Carry out expected office tasks as needed
If interested, please send your CV and a personal statement to Prof. Nevine El Nossery (firstname.lastname@example.org) before Monday September 16.