There’s Still Time to Apply for the 2022 Dr. Jack Shaheen Mass Communications Scholarship!
Applications are still open for the 25th Anniversary of the Dr. Jack G. Shaheen Mass Communications Scholarship!! With 94 previous scholarship recipients, could you be next? The purpose of this scholarship is to recognize and award Arab American university students who excel in Media Studies. The scholarship award amount is $2,500 and will be presented at the 2022 ADC National Convention happening June 17th and 18th, 2022.
For those interested in applying, please submit hard copies of the following by Tuesday, April 12, 2022:
· A one-page statement explaining why you merit the scholarship, your goals, how Jack Shaheen’s work influences your career, and a declaration that you are a U.S. citizen of Arab heritage
· Two (2) original signed letters of recommendation from Mass Communications professors.
· Copies of your articles, DVD’s, films, and so forth (these items will not be returned to you)
· Official academic transcripts (minimum 3.0 GPA)
· Your permanent home address, phone number, e-mail address, and your phone number during the school year, if different
Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.
ATTN: Nabil Mohamad
1705 DeSales Street, NW Suite 500
Washington, DC 20036
If you have any questions, call (202) 244-2990 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr. Shaheen (1935-2017) is an internationally recognized author and media critic who wrote the award-winning book and film, Reel Bad Arabs: How Hollywood Vilifies a People. He has consulted with the United Nations and the Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division and has been featured on numerous national network programs such as National Public Radio, CNN, MSNBC and The Today Show.