The Middle East Studies Program will award $500 to an outstanding graduate student paper or papers for AY 2021-2022.
You must be currently enrolled as a graduate student at UW-Madison.
The paper must focus on a topic in Middle East Studies.
The paper must have been substantially written during the current academic year.
The paper may not be under simultaneous consideration for an award from another area studies program at UW-Madison.
Submissions must be in English.
For co-authored papers, you must be the lead author according to the standards of the discipline in which the paper is written.
How to Submit a Paper
To submit a paper, send the following by email as a single pdf document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cover page including all the following information:
- UW email address
- Campus ID number
- Degree program and date of entry
- Title of your paper
- Purpose for which the paper was written (e.g., article manuscript, conference paper, dissertation chapter, or course name, number, and term if applicable)
- Name & email address of dissertation/thesis advisor (or course instructor if applicable)
- Word count of submission (including footnotes but not bibliography)
- 100 word abstract of paper and its significance
- The paper itself
Papers must be submitted by May 6, 2022.