MESP is excited to offer this opportunity to students! We are awarding up to $500 (actual award amounts vary) to the best paper(s) and multimedia project(s) by an undergraduate and focused on their respective world regions.
- You must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate student at UW-Madison.
- The paper or multimedia project must be/have been submitted to fulfill a UW-Madison course or thesis requirement during the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Submissions must substantially address issues related to the Middle East.
- You can submit any particular paper or multimedia project to only one center; however, you may submit multiple papers or multimedia projects and to multiple centers.
The Middle East Studies Program will consider papers of 8 or more pages (double-spaced), and multimedia projects of any length. Submissions must be in English.
Awards will be disbursed through the Bursar’s scholarship system before the end of the current academic year.
All AY 2021-2022 submissions must be submitted by May 6, 2022.
HOW TO SUBMIT A PAPER OR OTHER PROJECT
To submit a paper/project, send the following by email to the MESP, email@example.com, either as a single pdf document for a paper, or as a link to a UW-Madison Box for larger multimedia project:
- Cover page including all the following information:
- UW email address
- Campus ID number
- Anticipated graduation date
- Center to which you are submitting
- Title of your paper or multimedia project
- Course name and number and term taken (or indicate thesis & degree program)
- Name & email address of course instructor (or thesis advisor)
- For papers: word count of submission (including footnotes but not bibliography)
- 100 word abstract of paper or project and its significance
- The paper or project itself. (Please email firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of the awards deadline to confirm instructions on submitting multimedia projects.)
Email Daniel Stolz at email@example.com or call 608.262.5666.